Residence Permits and Visas

EU Nationals

If you expect to spend more than 90 days in the Czech Republic, then you are obliged to apply for an EU residence permit at the Foreign Police. You should register with the Foreign Police within 30 days of being here. The registration process to obtain a EU card is relatively straightforward and quick to do.

Typically you require:

  • Proof of accommodation
  • Proof of health insurance cover in the Czech Republic
  • Proof of purpose of stay (usually for business or employment reasons)

Non-EU Nationals

Short-Term Visa (up to 90 days)

Some non-EU nations require an entry visa to visit the Czech Republic. We can assist with obtaining an invitation from the Czech Foreign Police that is required together with other documents that you must submit at a Czech embassy abroad.

Long-Term Visa (more than 90 days)

There are different types of long-term visas, the main ones being a business visa (for instance, if you are the director/shareholder of a Czech company) or a work visa (if you are employed). The initial application must be submitted at a Czech embassy outside the Czech Republic. The registration process takes about 6 to 8 weeks (but by law they are allowed 120 days).

Typically the following documentation would be filed for a long-term visa at a Czech embassy:

  • Proof of accommodation
  • Proof of purpose of stay
  • Bank confirmation that you hold sufficient funds to cover your stay in the Czech Republic.
  • Confirmation of health insurance covering the Czech Republic - this would normally be presented to a Czech embassy when you go to collect the visa.

After obtaining your visa, you should go to the Czech foreign police (within 3 working days) to have the visa stamped in your passport.

Interested in this service?

Our team will provide you with a free initial consultation concerning general enquires.

Looking for something else?

Do you wish to save on corporate tax? If so, click on Tax Planning Services

Back to homepage