Purchase of Property

EU nationals can either set up a special-purpose company to buy the property, or alternatively apply for a EU card to buy the property outright in their own names. Non-EU nationals must form a company for the purposes of buying the property.


  • The initial requirement will be to form a limited liability company (‘s.r.o.’ in Czech) for the sole purpose of buying the property. The company should not carry out other activities. This is a common form of buying a property. There is a requirement to invest a minimum share capital of CZK 200,000 (about EUR 8,000) that can be used after the company is registered in the commercial register.
  • If you buy an off-plan property, you will additionally need the use of a registered office address (which we provide) until the new-build property is built and registered in the land register, and then you can apply for a change of address to the property address.

EU Card

To obtain a EU card, can include the following:

  • Applying for a EU card - which we would do for you on the basis of a power of attorney, however you would be required to collect the card in person.
  • Arranging for proof of accommodation.
  • Arranging for health insurance cover (if you do not already have appropriate health cover).

Interested in this service?

Our team will provide you with a free initial consultation concerning general enquires.

Looking for something else?

We suggest you appoint an independent lawyer for conveyancing. For details, click on Legal Appointment.

ETHER Property Services

Our wide range of services include:

Back to homepage